Monday, March 8, 2010
Tobacco
Tobacco is a highly addictive and dangerous drugs that can have many negative side effects on people's health. There are many strong reasons for making tobacco products illegal, but should tobacco be outlawed? I believe that the answer is no. The CDC says that tobacco use is the most dangerous preventable risk that people can take, so making tobacco illegal would make sense. The problem I run into is that when the government steps in to try and control what you do in your life, problems occur. Even if it is in your best interest, its not right for other people to be telling you how to live your life. In the 1920's prohibition went into effect. Prohibition outlawed the sale and consumption of alcohol. People thought this would end drinking problems, but in fact, it did not. The legalization of tobacco is a highly debated subject, but I believe that for the time being tobacco should remain legal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment